Seven outstanding PR students received this year’s Zenith Awards, which recognize exceptional public relations efforts of undergraduates at U.S. colleges.
Originally organized as a joint effort by the University of Central Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma, the first competition took place 15 years ago when it was hosted by Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) members and judged by local PRSA professionals. Entries now are judged by PR professionals from throughout the U.S.
The Zenith Awards provides students with an outlet to showcase their work and recognize those who perform exceptionally well in the public relations discipline. The competition has seven categories. The 2013 Zenith Award winners are:
- Case Studies: Andrew Boehmker, Northern Kentucky
- Social Media: Shiva Stella, University of Oklahoma
- PR Publications: Francesca Lucido, Oral Roberts University
- PR Research: Jessica Estrada, Oklahoma Christian University
- PR Campaigns: Shiva Stella, University of Oklahoma
- PR Writing: Marissa Phillips, Anderson University
- Electronic Media: Shiva Stella, University of Oklahoma